How a Beverage Bottler Modernized its Sales and Distribution Operations with a Cloud-Based Sales Force Automation?
“Pearl Beverages Limited” is a franchisee of PepsiCo Indiafor manufacturing and distribution of all beverages brands of PepsiCo. The company’s state-of-the-art bottling plants in Guntur, Vizag, Delhi, and Noida are equipped to fill glass as well as PET bottles.
Pearl Drinks has also ventured into the manufacturing of PET Preforms and its facility in Jammu produces one million Preforms a day using three Husky Hypet Injection Moulding Machines.
Take a copy for yourself
Prior to implementing EnterpriseSFA, Pearl Beverages had been facing immense challenges with its downstream sales supply chain visibility and sales force productivity.
As a result of the recovery of the market, Pearl sought to implement an IT System for improved Sales Distribution System with both Mobile and web enabled applications for its salesforce to automate sales orders, Customer Schemes etc.
Prior to implementing EnterpriseSFA, Pearl Beverages has faced with key challenges including
- Human error due to manual calculations and processes.
- Outdated inventory numbers because of the time lag between report generation and the field visit.
- Lack of consistent processes across sales reps.
- Difficulty in keeping track on sales target volumes as there is no real-time data and sales metrics information from the field force.
- Lack of system-enforced controls and validation such as requiring price, taxation information and asset validations.
- Delayed order fulfilments due to improper route planning’s
While Pearl Beverages had been using traditional distribution approaches for long, the company later recognized that it needed a robust, best of breed, agile Sales Force Automation System (SFA) to reinforce its field sales activities with amplified sales distribution mechanisms using mobile based technology.
After a thorough market analysis, Pearl Beverages has chosen Inventrax as the right partner to implement this cloud based SFA Solution for agile channel sales, capturing timely actionable sales data and effective management control over sales and its territorial assets.
Being built with 3 core components, EnterpriseSFA consists
- Distributor Management System
- Mobile Sales Force Automation System
- Asset Maintenance and Management System
The Proposed solution enabled pearl beverages to gain significant benefits by reducing its time to market, total cost of ownership and manageability while providing
- Increased market responsiveness
- Availability of accurate and timely actionable sales data
- Real time inventory visibility at distributor level
- Comprehensive visibility into field force productivity
- Higher OTIF Rates with optimal Route and delivery planning
- Enhanced secondary, tertiary sales visibility
- Greater control over the organizations assets with geo-tagging
Inventrax’s Sales Force Automation with simpler and highly intuitive user interface and workflows helped Pearl Beverages sales executives to operate the application with minimal training and efforts
- Order accuracy has increased to 99.3%
- Available of real time data at granular level- Forecasting Sales, analysis, planning for new launch
- Analyze efficacy of merchandising initiative and coverage at outlet level
- Daily Primary / Secondary reconciliation at Super stockiest and Distributor Level
- Visibility on market activities performed by Sales Executives
- Real-time Stock and sales report
- Better Deployment of schemes and marketing assets
- Hosted on Cloud- easily accessible from any device and scalable
- Multiple flavors of solution possible- DMS + SFA, EAM + SFA, Only SFA
- Real-time Field Force and asset tracking with Map View of geo tags
- Outlet level data captured providing Secondary sales insights
- Minimized Sales loss due to automated Order to Fulfilment
- Insights into merchandizing activities and validation through photographs captured at Retail outlets
- Off-take tracking to improve SKU placement at retailers